Sunday, July 8, 2012

Huge Thank Yous!!!

Here I am, 5 1/2 months away from running the Bahamas Marathon in January 2013 with the Joints in Motion Team to raise money for the Arthritis Society and I've met and surpassed my original fundraising goal of $4,900. Today I made it to my second goal of $7,000 raised for the Arthritis Society and I have a GIANT smile on my face. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who donated to me - especially all my former Cypress Capital colleagues, many of whom donated for the second time!

Your support means so much to me and it means even more to Katherine, Heather, Andrea and of course East Coast Kim. Without these funds, these four incredible women would not be able to do the many everyday tasks they can complete today thanks to drug advances and research for Rheumatoid Arthritis. These funds go towards much needed research and those of us on the Bahamas Team know just how important drug research is as we lost one of our team-mates a couple of months ago to complications from her Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I can't explain how perfect the timing is on this for me as I embark on my next journey of moving to the Okanagan away from all those who have supported me during the past 2 events. It gives me the oportunity to settle in to my new environment without the added stress of trying to finish off my fundraising. I'm sure I will find a new support system quickly and have already been fortunate enough to have made some great connections up there and am looking forward to their support during the training phase that kicks off this summer!

I will definitely keep up my blog even though my fundraising portion is complete as I will need the support more than ever during my marathon training phase trying to find new running routes and new running buddies to keep me going through the long runs this fall/winter. I'm thinking I may need to invest in a treadmill as this West Coast girl doesn't run well in the snow!

Thank you again to all of my donors, as with last time, I am humbled by those who fundraise for a living - it is no easy task!!! Best wishes for an incredible summer to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment