Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Official Bahamas Marathon Playlist!

We'll be leaving on a jet plane in one week and the official Bahamas Marathon playlist is complete! This is by far the most eclectic running playlist out there and I love it! I would never have added a very good number of these songs on my own but I can tell you that they will keep me moving, smiling, laughing, singing, and quite possibly dancing all the way to the finish line on the 20th! Without further ado - the playlist is:

Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) - Arcade Fire
The Golden Age - The Asteroids Galaxy
Shot You Down - Audio Bullys Feat. Nancy Sinatra
Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) - Big & Rich
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
Pump It - The Black Eyed Peas
Love Generation - Bob Sinclair
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Rasputin - Boney M.
Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Gonna Make You Sweat - C + C Music Factory
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
Brighter Than the Sun - Colbie Caillat
Titanium - David Guetta & Sia
Without You - David Guetta & Usher
On the Dancefloor - David Guetta, will.i.am & apl.de.ap
The Veldt - Deadmau5
Walk of Life - Dire Straits
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Danza Kuduro (feat. Lucenzo) - Don Omar
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
Shake That Ass For Me (feat. Nate Dogg) - Eminem
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Creepin' - Eric Church
The Final Countdown - Europe
Good Feeling - Flo Rida
Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous - Good Charlotte
21 Guns - Green Day
What You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani
Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Rae
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
Running - Jully Black
Stronger - Kanye West
Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Black Horse & The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Electrolove - Kuba Oms
Steal My Sunshine - Len
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Bodyrock - Moby
Burn It To The Ground - Nickelback
Gotta Be Somebody - Nickelback
Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
Wet - Nicole Scherzinger
Come Out and Play - The Offspring
Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) - The Offspring
Hey Ya - Outkast
Picking Up the Pieces - Paloma Faith
Born to Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Raise Your Glass - Pink
So What - Pink
Back In Time - Pitbull
Shake Senora - Pitbull Feat. T-Pain & Sean Paul
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Under Pressure - Queen
Take On Me - Reel Big Fish
Just Say Yes - Snow Patrol
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It - Stars
Believe - Suzie McNeil
Save the World - Swedish House Mafia
Drive By - Train
Raise a Little Hell - Trooper
Beautiful Day - U2
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Miasmal Smoke & The Yellow Bellied Freaks - Wintersleep
Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect
Knee Deep (feat. Jimmy Buffett) - Zac Brown Band
La Grange - ZZ Top
TV Dinners - ZZ Top

I had originally thought of trying to time certain songs from people with different sections of the marathon but I have since changed my mind. As I want this to be a playlist to inspire and motivate me by thinking of you, I have decided not to listen to it until race day and I will be pressing the good old shuffle button when the gun goes off and letting the ipod decide the order of the playlist.

Thank you to everyone who contributed, it means a lot to me to have something from you with me on race day. To those that are still thinking of "the song", I will be loading my ipod with the official playlist on Sunday, January 13th after my last training run so if you get me your song before then I will be sure to add it! This won't be my fastest marathon by far, but it's shaping up to be one of the funnest I've run and I'm getting really excited about it.

Thank you for your support - Never. Give. Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment